Saturday, September 5, 2015

We're back!

We're back from holidays! We took about ten days to go to Canada for a family reunion and had a great time picking berries and apples, eating, relaxing with extended family, eating, going to a museum, eating, having a mini-book launch, eating. Afterwards L went directly back home while I made detours to Toronto and Montreal.

And in other news, I am (once again) unemployed - I was let go in early August. I won't go into detail here, but there was quite a lot of politics and information control in my job. Which I'd known for a while, but then I thought, "my managers wouldn't be so bent on covering their own behinds that they would fire the talent, thus scuttling the company's future growth prospects, wouldn't they?" Turns out they would. In any case, for those wondering why I haven't written anything here for several months, the answer is that I was furiously trying to preserve my job.

And in reply to some questions we've gotten, yes, we have got health insurance. We've now had some first-hand experience on the Obamacare health exchange, and while the process of entering all the information was relatively long, it was also straightforward.



No comments:

Post a Comment